Board Approved December 14, 2021
Our students reach their full potential by developing intellectual abilities, emotional maturity, unique talents, curiosity, and love of learning. They confidently and collaboratively participate in the complex and global community.
The SPUSD will provide:
- challenging, rigorous and relevant curriculum that prepares students for college and the world of work.
- formative experiences that develop the physical, social, emotional, ethical, linguistic, creative and cognitive pathways of learning.
- a commitment to recognizing and valuing the diversity, backgrounds, and abilities of all students and to providing them the encouragement to reach their full potential.
- effective teaching in an environment that is intellectually stimulating, as well as physically and emotionally safe for students and adults.
- qualified, caring and motivated adults who are inspiring and encouraging.
- a professional environment that attracts, supports and retains the highest quality professionals in every position in the District.
- We use evidence to focus on results.
- We act ethically and with integrity, and treat everyone with courtesy and respect.
- The equitable and equal distribution of resources (time, expertise and revenue) is considered during the decision making process.
- The boundaries defining organizational roles and responsibilities are clearly delineated and honored.
- Individual and team accountability is indispensable to our work and is supported through the evaluation process with clearly defined and achievable goals.
- We confer and collaborate with our community partners on issues of mutual interest.
- We provide efficient and effective services to all stakeholders.
- Professional development focused on district priorities is offered in a systematic and timely manner to all employees.
- All employees work as a team to realize District mission and goals.
Enable Greater Achievement for All Students
- Evaluate and modify existing programs and social-emotional support services to meet individual and collective student needs to ensure equitable achievement for all students.
- Enhance offerings in the visual and performing arts at all levels in all mediums to amplify student achievement.
- Expand world language and cultural experiences for students who desire to gain proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing a language other than English.
- Develop relationships with active and supportive regional businesses and educational institutions to provide students with real world experiences.
Offer State-of-the-Art Curriculum & Instruction
- Identify, develop, and implement articulated Kindergarten through 12th grade curricular pathways to strengthen student engagement for college and career readiness.
- Develop course offerings, curriculum, and resources to reflect the varying cultural experiences and identities of our students and to emphasize the 4 c’s – communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking.
- Differentiate instruction in order to respond to individual student instructional levels.
- Provide ongoing professional development and training to support the performance of all employees and to maximize rigor and meaningful engagement for all students.
Achieve Financial Strength and Sustainability
- Pursue alternative sources of revenue to sustain and expand student programs.
- Research and consider potential cost saving measures in order to sustain and expand student programs.
- Develop and implement a plan to eliminate the operational deficit.
Provide Facilities that Support Educational Excellence
- Provide and maintain instructional facilities that support a safe, healthy, and productive learning environment.
- Enhance the technological infrastructure to support instructional practices.