South Pasadena Unified School District

Skip to main content

High School Registration


New students to the District who live in South Pasadena and need to register for the 2019-2020 school year at the High School need to contact the Registrar, Ms. Angie Madrigal at   Registration is a two-part process: part one is to register your child online, using the AERIES INTERNET REGISTRATION system, or AIR. Parents may access this by clicking on the following link: Once the online registration has been completed and you have ALL the required documents together, email Ms. Madrigal to schedule an appointment. Please print and read the following documents listed at the bottom of this page: HS Registration Required documents, and Enrollment Registration Checklist.

 Please bring to your appointment the following original documents: a copy of your AIR registration, birth certificate or passport of student, student immunization records, unofficial transcript (if out of country, a translated English version) and the three required proofs of residency (please see acceptable proofs at the bottom of this page).


Registration appointments for new students will be made from April 20, 2020 – May 15, 2020, and again during the summer, beginning Monday, July 6th to Friday, July 17th, and then again from July 29th until the first day of school, which has been set as Thursday, August 13th, 2020.

You may not register for school until you reside in South Pasadena and have your appropriate three proofs of residence, and registration must be done by the parent or legal guardian of the child. Guardianships and Dual Family Residencies must be approved in advance by the Personnel Office at the District Office. For more information, please look under "District Enrollment Policies" under "Guardianship Information" and "Dual Residency Requirements".

Previously Withdrawn Students from SPUSD

If you are a South Pasadena resident, and your child previously attended a SPUSD school, you do not need to complete the online registration.  Simply, email Ms. Madrigal at to schedule an appointment and indicate the last school, grade and year he/she attended in SPUSD. 


If you are a South Pasadena resident and currently enrolled at SPHS, you will receive a letter via e-mail by mid-July from the Principal. The letter will provide instructions for data confirmation, residency verification and registration, as well as dates and times.

Residency Verification Documents - one document from EACH category, and all documents must be originals, no copies accepted.

Category A

  • Deed of Trust
  • Mortgage Payment Receipt – dated within the past month
  • Rental/Lease Agreement, listing all names of occupants (including children), and the name, address, telephone number and signature of landlord/management company.
  • Property Tax Bill – dated within the past year
  • Closing Escrow Papers


Category B

  • Utility Bill (Example: Southern California Edison, The Gas Company, Water Bill) – dated within the past month
  • Cable/Internet Provider Bill (Example: Time Warner, Direct TV)  – dated within the past month


Category C

  • An additional Utility Bill [different than what is provided in CATEGORY B]   (Example: Southern California Edison, The Gas    
    • Company, Water Bill) – dated within the past month  
    • Current Car Registration – dated within the past year
  • Car Insurance Statement – dated within the past 6 months to 1 year
  • Health Insurance Statement – dated within the past month
  • Bank Statement (or signed letter on bank letterhead with the South Pasadena address) – dated within the past month  
    •  Current Federal or State Tax Correspondences - dated within the past 6 months


Transcript/Report Card – Please bring an unofficial transcript from the previous school. Transcripts for 9th grade students must show both 7th and 8th grade. Withdrawal grades are required if transferring during the school year. If entering from another country, an official transcript with a notarized English translation is required. If there are special circumstances (ESL, Special Education, or health problems) please provide appropriate documentation, such as ELPAC test scores or current IEP or 504 plan.